View Footprint In:
U.S. Forest Service Geopolitical Units
All Layers and Tables
A map service on the www depicting geopolitical data for the entire area of the United States and territories. This includes States, Counties or Boroughs, Congressional Districts, Alaska Recording Districts, County Subdivisions, and Places boundaries that are derived from the latest official Census Bureau and Alaska Department of Natural Resources datasets. This offers the combination of the most recent Census Bureau and Alaska DNR geopolitical data with geopolitical boundaries within Forest Service lands that have been adjusted for better accuracy and for vertical integration with Forest Service data. Since it is vertically integrated when coincident with Forest Service lands, this dataset allows for better multi-layer analysis with other Forest Service lands data, and improved cartographic applications where Census data and Forest Service data need to be depicted in the same map. Features within Forest Service Administrative Forest boundaries may have been modified by the Forest Service for improved accuracy and spatial coincidence (vertical integration).
The Forest Service uses the most current and complete data available. GIS data and product accuracy may vary. They may be: developed from sources of differing accuracy, accurate only at certain scales, based on modeling or interpretation, incomplete while being created or revised, etc. Using GIS products for purposes other than those for which they were created, may yield inaccurate or misleading results. The Forest Service reserves the right to correct, update, modify, or replace, GIS products without notification.
Single Fused Map Cache:
Spatial Reference: 4269
Spatial Reference: 4269
Supported Image Format Types:
- Title: U.S. Forest Service Geopolitical Units
- Author: EDW
- Comments: Data contains information for revised 2010 Census states, counties, and congressional districts including civil divisions and recording districts. Each of these themes are symbolized as separate polygon layers each displaying at different scale levels: State FS revised 2010 Census (displays at all scales), County FS revised 2010 Census (displays at scales larger than 1:10,000,000), Civil Divisions (displays at scales larger than 1:10,000,000), Recording Districts (displays at scales larger than 1:10,000,000), and Congressional Districts FS revised 2010 Census (displays at scales larger than 1:1,000,000).
- Subject: Geopolitical units for the entire United States and territories
- Keywords: USFS, FS, forest service, automated lands program, ALP, geopolitical
- Credits: US Forest Service Enterprise Map Services Program
- AntialiasingMode: None
- TextAntialiasingMode: Force